What started off as an amazing talent show for brilliant singers is now going on as an never-ending saga! I'm talking about Airtel Super Singer. Season 1 was in 2006 and Season 2 was for kids under 12, in 2007. I started following the show on youtube in 2007, as I heard Krishnamoorthy and Vignesh croon away in the finals for the juniors. When I got to know that there was some good-hearted soul who was working over-time to upload the videos of Super singer 2008 on the net, I began following it every week right from the auditions of 4000 odd contestants in Chennai, Kovai, Tiruchi zones. I saw how Mahathi, Mathangi and Srilekha called Ravi's singing "flawless".. how Raginishri wept in one of the auditions with Deepen Chakaravarthi even after she was selected.. and even Chinmayi asking the camera man to get out while she was crying. All of that was earlier on in 2008. It finally came down from 4000 to 60 to 20 contestants by mid August 2008. And oh my God.. its been at that stage ever since as the contest for the final super singer is going on.. and well its March 2009, and there are still 6 singers left. I understand that the super singer really needs to be "super".. has to surpass several rounds of screening and testing. But this is like stretching the reality show to another remake of "Kyonki Saas bhi...."It never ends. The producer of the show, I guess, is thinking of this as the hen that lays golden eggs. He/She is trying to make as much money as possible.. wat with the high TRP ratings and the amazing viewership. But I think this needs to be in moderation. It gets annoying if the show does not move on. You've seen the top 10 singers show their versatality in different rounds. And just when you think its moving ahead and in 10 weeks hopefully you will know who the super singer is.. they have a recall round.. first to be judged by the contestants itself.. and the next week to be judged by a panel of judges. And eventually the people that got eliminated come in.. only to be eliminated sooner or later. I know its rather mean on my part to say this.. but that is really not my intention. Its just annoying to see that the show is stuck with no significant happenings. Its going as slow as an inebriated turtle that decides to rest after taking 2 steps!! Not to forget the masala that the producers are adding to it.. Oh did I forget.. its a REALITY show.. ofcourse it has the masala. But please have mercy on the viewers and the contestants and let this show move on a little faster!! A few sensible people who have realized that a lot is lost with the never-ending saga that this show is becoming, have quit. Chinmayi who was the hostess of the show quit early January saying she had to focus on other things.. primarily her singing. And last week, it was a contestant Rohit. He said he had to get back to his academics and his attendance was at stake. Yes, he could have said this earlier and could have given up his spot for another contestant.. but who can blame him. Its the first quarter of 2009 already, and we have no hopes of knowing who the super singer is going to be until summer probably! Or maybe even that is very early for the crew at Vijay TV. I actually pity the contestants and the judges.. I'm guessing atleast a few if not all will be dying for this show to end.. so that they can get on with their lives!
Please dear producers.. get the show moving on. Get to the finals. The juniors are waiting for the auditions for airtel super singer 2009. Have mercy on dumb viewers like me.. who'd rather crib about the show.. than quit watching Ravi, Vijay, Prasanna, Renu and the others croon away!
2 comments:
Nimmy, a post after a long time.. Do you really watch all this religiously?!
ya dee very much!I've been following the damn show for almost 8 months now. all the shows are online.
Post a Comment