Thursday, March 26, 2009

Observations

Here's my jotting in sheer vettiness..

1. I seem to have changed a LOT over the years. I'm doing things I never thought I would do. And I've let go of things I never dreamed possible.

2. Truth 1 - Ignorance is bliss. At times it's better to not know everything. I went sniffing around under a strong hunch and discovered some of the worst possible stuff! I felt shallow and small like never before in my life!

3. I have visited NYC more in the past 2 months (don't forget its peak winter!!) than I have in 4 years of stay in the NJ area. Visited the MET, went to my 3rd Broadway musical (Mary Poppins - was sheer brilliance), went on an amazinggg lunch cruise in the Hudson, and a circus in Madison square Garden! There's something or the other that comes up every weekend that fascinates me, and I have quite forgotten that I should actually be working at least 6 days a week.

4. Both the church and the temple serve holy water. In the temple(especially Vishnu temples), "theertham" is given in the Sannidhi/Sannidhanam (Sanctum sanctorum) after worship of the God, whereas in a Roman Catholic Church there is a small cup (Baptismal font) of holy water thats placed in the entrance of the church. In a temple, you drink the theertham and stroke your hair with it. In a church, you bless yourself by making a sign of the crucifix on your forehead.

5. Ashtavakra Gita (a discourse of 33 tapes as part of the Art of Living foundation) is a life changing experience definitely. But there is still a lot of resistance in me in accepting some things, especially the Guru!!

6. I realize I want to henceforth start writing properly, not omitting the capital letters or apostrophes!! This one's an attempt.

Ok, more to come later. For now Monsieur Hercule Poirot beckons.

1 comment:

Sarmishta said...

you nailed me right nimmy :)
u need to let me know which mode you communicate best so i can give further details on your gmail id ( which i presume is visible on your blogger account ) and then share more...