American Heart Association Scientific Sessions,2011 will be memorable for me. Was blessed with 2 awards - One was the "Best Manuscript Award, 2011" from Circulation Research, which was awarded on Sunday, November 13 at the Peabody International. I knew about this a while back and I've already blogged about this. But quite unexpectedly and as a fortunate stroke of serendipity, another award was handed to us on Tuesday, November 15 at the Hard Rock Cafe. This one was the "Most Downloaded Original Research Article from Circulation Research, 2011".
Was damnn thrilled to receive the 2 awards :) An amazingly ecstatic feeling..
Before I go any further, I HAVE TO pay my thanks to everyone who contributed to the paper - the collaborators for their mice, plasmids and reagents, Yasu - the post doc in Dr. Sadoshima's lab for helping me with the paper and most importantly to my mentor, Dr. Sadoshima himself. No amount of "Thank you"s will be sufficient for him and of course to God! Am putting up 2 pics of me getting the awards. I will click pics of the plaques separately and put it up here! Its a nice feeling.
Once nice thing about these pics is that I have both my mentors (past and present) standing next to me! Both pics aren't of the greatest resolution, but I waana put 'em up here for the memories they will carry for the rest of my life! The first one's from Sunday and the second one's from Tuesday!
A Million thanks to God for being extremely kind!
Just found this picture from the Circ Res Facebook page - Sunday's award -
Was damnn thrilled to receive the 2 awards :) An amazingly ecstatic feeling..
Before I go any further, I HAVE TO pay my thanks to everyone who contributed to the paper - the collaborators for their mice, plasmids and reagents, Yasu - the post doc in Dr. Sadoshima's lab for helping me with the paper and most importantly to my mentor, Dr. Sadoshima himself. No amount of "Thank you"s will be sufficient for him and of course to God! Am putting up 2 pics of me getting the awards. I will click pics of the plaques separately and put it up here! Its a nice feeling.
Once nice thing about these pics is that I have both my mentors (past and present) standing next to me! Both pics aren't of the greatest resolution, but I waana put 'em up here for the memories they will carry for the rest of my life! The first one's from Sunday and the second one's from Tuesday!
A Million thanks to God for being extremely kind!
Just found this picture from the Circ Res Facebook page - Sunday's award -



No comments:
Post a Comment