Wednesday, October 26, 2011

4 years and still waiting..

Missed the travel award from AHA for the 4th year. Seems quite elusive this one.. Here's my saga with this award... I didn't apply for one in 2008, in my first year of submission at AHA when it was an oral ppt. In 2009, it was a poster - so dint get it. 2010, I had an oral ppt but it did not fit into the categories listed out by AHA. 2011- again a poster. The chances of getting the award while your abstract's selected for a poster ppt is very bleak.. I guess it's because of the scoring. Your abstract gets selected as an oral or poster presentation depending upon the score it gets, with oral being the higher of the two. It's obviously not the end of the world that I haven't gotten this.. I'm happy with the award I just recently received (Needless to say, infinite thanks and gratitude go out to the mentor).. But I really want to keep track of how long it's actually gonna take me to win the AHA travel award.. I don't know why.. but just want to. I remember a friend got it the very first year she applied, and I know of colleagues who have received it 2-3 times (although you're allowed to receive it only once).. but its still evading me. And I will wait to see if sometime in the future I can succeed in living up to my expectations wrt this award. Amen!

No comments: