Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Much ado about small things..

I realized that I tend to blog more about one part of my life, going yada yada about everything a lab has to offer.. the struggles,  the happiness that get churned out when you work there, so on and so forth. For sometime, at least for a post or two, I'm gonna change the focus and blog about other things I'm doing in life.

The way I seem to have this in my head is quite like Bridget Jones's diary entry.. writing down in points, which is probably what I should do to save myself time. Writing a blog post is sometimes like a warm-up session before a work out. Putting things down in "pen and paper" sort of kicks my lazy brain awake. It's not tiring because you're not writing about/for work and you're just writing about trivial things in life, which no body in fact even cares about. So here I go -

Travel: November has been a good month..actually been great. Got to travel a lot! Went to Orlando for the conference, which I AM NOT going to draw too much attention to in this post, because this is strictly a non-work related jotting. Went on an awesommmmeee 7-day cruise with hubby dearest to Mexico. We docked at Cabo San Lucas and Puerto Vallarta. A and I tried snorkeling for the first time and it was my first experience of "swimming" in the ocean. Realized that cruises are a lott of fun actually. You are forced to relax and be gaja vetti. I don't think I was this vetti even in Pilani.. it beats any form of vettiness I've by far ever experienced. My routine for those 7 days was more like - Wake up from bed- eat breakfast - sit for an hour in the jacuzzi - sleep under the sun - read Wodehouse and laugh hard - eat lunch - sleep under the sun - watch TV in the room - read - walk around in the ship - get decked up for dinner - eat - accompany A to stand up comedy shows - sleep! What a life! But I realized that 7 days of utter laziness is a bit much for me. I could do 4 or 5 days at a stretch of doing nothing, but not more than that.. by the end of the 5th day, I was ready to get back home and do something.. and oh did I mention, it was 7 days without the phone and facebook/mail. But a really fab experience! I'd definitely do it again, for a shorter period though.

Books read: Wodehouse and more and more of Wodehouse. He's the champion of spinning a yarn with the most trivial things at hand. This time it's about Bertie Wooster's ability to get into trouble with/for a cow-creamer and a brown leather book. I'm not yet done reading it.."The code of the Woosters".. it's not because the book is long.. it's mainly because seeping under the sun seemed to come more naturally than reading under the sun, while on the cruise! A on the other hand devoured 4 books in 7 days, with one being a huge bible on Steve Jobs's life!

Culinary skills: Tried making molaga podi.. Not a bad first attempt at all.

Anyways, I MUST get back to work now.. but I'm gonna sign this post off with this pic..

True that, don't you think?

No comments: