Tuesday, August 03, 2010

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo



Just got done with "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo". Everybody seems to be reading it. You board a flight or take a subway, you'll find atleast 2-3 people reading this book or another in the "Millenium series" by the late Stieg Larsson.

My 2 cents: A very dark book that deals with sex related crimes in Sweden. I found the first 300 pages of the book a little too long and too much of a drag, except for the characterizations of Ms. Lisbeth Salander. Just when you think you can imagine her character, the author brings in new twists to her attitude towards life and people, which keeps the first half of the book a little interesting. But the last 300 pages is really fast paced. Totally "unputdownable". Reminds you a lott of "The silence of the lambs"...

Ok.. I'm not gonna say more, because I don't want to spoil it for those of you who haven't read it. But if you don't mind a dark book, then you can try reading it. I must warn you that in parts it is really bewildering and does punch your perplexes!!

I initially wanted to read the other 2 books in the series as soon as I finished this, but now I think I'll take a break after this one.. get back to fantasy a little bit.. or read a witty Wodehouse and then get back to the others in this series.
And so the next one in my book-shelf is "Wicked: Witch and curse" by Nancy Holder.

No comments: