
Listening to my first audio book - "Eat, Pray, Love" it is. Reallyy liking the book and the author's voice so far. It is quite an amazing experience to listen to someone read out to you... especially when its the author herself.
But I must say, it's definitely not easy to multi-task while doing this. I usually listen to music while I work.. but no, listening to an audio book is not the same. It's FAR more absorbing than music.. mebbe bcos I'm listening to it for the first time. You can't just hear the book.. u've got to listen.. and well that wont go very well when you are "working"!
Am done with 6 chapters of the book. I think I'll enjoy the book till the end. Have heard mixed reviews though.. some say the ending of the book is not even half as good as the beginning.. Let's see.
I honestly think "READING" the book is better.. (although I'm enjoying this first time audio book experience). Mebbe bcos while you read, you let your OWN imagination emote! You are not confined by another person's tone and voice, in the emotions you associate with the words. Mebbe im not describing it well enough.. It's a different feeling altogether to visually be able to read something and imagine it.
But on the other hand, listening to the book does have its advantages.. with practice perhaps I could start multi-tasking while listening to it... Also, listening is a lot faster than reading, I think. Ya ofcourse, needless to say, the pace at which I read books (amidst all the work that I have to get done) is pretty dismal..
I really hope I can get done with this book soon. I wanna watch the movie this weekend. Stars my fav heroine.
PS: Justt listened to the book on the way back home! Awesome combination..a good audio book and a nice drive on the road! Woww :)
No comments:
Post a Comment