PPS: ps is prescript.
I took a sneak peak into sumone's blog and found the words.. "You wanted to be .... when u were in Xth grade". All of a sudden, it just triggered memories of all those myriad ambitions I held since childhood. And I thought I should jot them down here. So here goes...
- It was Class III when I actually started thinking about how I'd like my future to be. Since my mom and sister were all I knew then, with mom being the most precious, I'd decided that I'd keep her like a queen (and be a princess myself!). And so how exactly was I gonna do that?? By living in a palatial house guarded by seven dogs!! Like dogs were the real sign of wealth and prosperity. Well let's see, mebbe someday I will have a dog as a pet.
- Class V - I wanted to be a cop. I was realllyyy inspired by Superstar and Kamal in their Khakhis and wanted to be like them, fighting all the bad guys away.
- Class VII - I wanted to be an interior designer. I loved dabbling away with colors and felt that I could work all day long designing sleek bedrooms and kitchen cabinets.And to do it for a living..it seemed just absolutely perfect!
- Class VIII - My sis was studying to become a doc, and thats when I got inspired. She wanted to be a cardiologist. Her passion was soo infectious that I decided I'd be a neurologist.
- Class X - When my sister didn't get into med skool despite all the hardwork she'd put in, I'd decided that science wasn't for me at all. I'd planned to take commerce in highskool (and enjoy life) and then magically become a CA for a living. But in a matter of a few days, I knew how hard it was for people in India to complete the course and finally become a chartered accountant. So the dream went away as suddenly as it'd started.
- Soon I was back to science and I ended up taking computer science instead of biology in XI and XII. It was a long cherished dream tostudy in BITS, and I'm glad atleast that was accomplished.
- I wanted to be a software engineer just before I finished schooling. As soon as I joined BITS, I wanted to work in a bank, take a 9 -5 job and enjoy life blissfully with family and friends in India...wanted to work for World bank!
- Until recently, I wanted to be a singer crooning tamizh gaana songs!! And while it was still a dream, I wished that I could sing for Ilayaraja some day!
- I've wanted to be a theologist. I think there is nothing in life that can be more satisfying than being in complete closeness and constant remembrance of Him. If I were a guy, I'd be a temple priest. I'd actually wanted to build a temple when I was very young. And mebbe if I did that, then I'd be the priest(ess) in there!
- I've also wanted to write a book. I'd specialize in children's books. I've always enjoyed reading about fantasy and enchantments and magic. (Ofcourse these days, its being overdone, with every Tom Dick and Harry thinking they could be a Rowling or a Tolkien or even Enid Blyton. Who can forget those books Blyton wrote in The Magic Faraway Tree series - the enchanted woods, the folk of the faraway tree... Jo and Bessie climbing the tree and finding the ladder that leads them to the magical land inhabited with characters like Moonface, the angry pixie, and Ms Washalot. Wow.... ok I'll stop here lest I get tooooo carried away. So mebbe someday I will write some nice stories for kids. -Sigh-
3 comments:
"Anyways, whilst I'm still at that.."
?!?!?!?!
ROTFL... You missed one dream - Wanting to be an Englsih!!! :))
Nice post... Good English! :P
Nirmala an interesting post well it has everything in it pretty nostalgic...i am currently working on already in the thought of going back to school...ofcourse for phd which i always wanted to do...anyways I think finally u are in the path what you wanted I guess...
Wow nimmi!! your post really has taken me back to my school days!! I remember we were asked to write an essay about what we wanted to be growing up... My essay was like a complicated "if--then--else" lines where I had included almost all available options(I will be this, if not then the other one and even if that doesnt work i will do this.. etc). My mom still carries that piece of paper with that essay... :))
Post a Comment