Sunday, December 30, 2007

I wish I were....

I wish I were a free bird,
Flying as far as I could,
Free from nets and nests,
Away into some unknown woods.
I wish I were a tall tree,
With feet firmly on the ground,
Whole beautiful leaves every spring,
Like I've just been crowned.
I wish I were a white river,
Kissing every stone and pebble,
Singing with joy and rhythm,
As I gush on and amble.
I wish I were a big mountain,
Mighty & strong in mind,
Palavering at will with the clouds,
While the sun hides behind.
I wish I were a little girl,
With all the time at hand,
Doing what I will and please,
Playing aimlessly in the sand.
I wish I were a mere child,
Filling my world with colors,
Hues of red, yellow, blue and orange,
Inspired by the dancing flowers.
I wish I were a wizard,
With all the worldly knowledge and wise,
Peaceful and calm with the know-it-all
Devoid of all vice.
I wish I were a pet dog,
Defining faith and trust,
Bringing boundless joy and love
And being a guard if I must.
I wish I were a good book,
With a justly decorative cover,
Of Nature & God I'd speak
Or an ode to the gutsy lover.
I wish I were just more patient
To all that people say,
Calm and quiet and tranquil
Through every brawl and fray.
I wish I were a better me,
With the best of everything..
Friendship, trust, faith & cheer
Selfless with zest and zing.


This writing is the outcome of several thoughts and emotions running in parallel in my head. It may not as usual make any sense to you, but I for one have enjoyed going back to my childhood days and writing something in the lines of a 'poem'!! :)

3 comments:

Mahesh said...

Nice poem. I didnt know that there was a poet in you. I wish you to get and become whatever you wish in this New Year

Aarthi Srinivasan said...

amazing dear. I am humbled by this thoughtful poem. coming from you, I see the pain in your heart. Let all troubles subside and pray for you to become a stronger and better person day by day.
Love and Luck,
Aarthi

Nimmy said...

pain??????? am dumbstruck! aarthi i think uve got another meaning to this poem, which even i may have not seen. thanx for the comment though. :)