Life as a post-doc a'int very different from a grad student's. You're still pushing yourself to work and get data. Data is just as precious now, as it used to be back when graduation heavily depended on it! You still spend hours in the lab slogging away with that western blot, trying to make sense of all the crap! But it's fun in it's own way. You still get paid pittance. The only difference I find - When I used to walk out of the lab at 11:30 in the night, I had to be watchful of crazy men ready to mug/gun u down in Newark, NJ. Now when I walk out of the lab at 11:30 PM in San Diego, I need to be mindful of some crazy scared animal in the open parking lot ready to spray you down with its stinky scent, because you invaded it's privacy by disturbing it in the night.
Such is life! Amen to that!
Back to the AHA grillmill.
No comments:
Post a Comment