I'm wondering.. what is the best way to deal with a situation where you know some one has talked crap about you? Do you still try and entertain that person? Or do you shut yourself up from the person forever? I've always believed in giving people the benefit of doubt.. but some times I wonder if its worth it. Is it worthwhile to let yourself be sorta exposed to the person so that he/she may pass his/her judgments and comments about you behind your back? Or do you just forget about whatever they said and try to continue the friendship thinking its just another rough.. pretending that everthing's fine and everyone's happy? Hmmmm.. I have cases where I've done both.. staying away and being good friends with people that I know were actually in fact mean to me behind my back. Not surprisingly, some of my close people can never see eye to eye with my "still good friends" policy after a scar! I don't know.. either I'm just being stupid.. or I'm being too 'Gandhian' for my own good by giving people the benefit of doubt. But sometimes I find snapping out a little too hard to do.
Aha! Thats ironic and I'm amused! :)
PS: Some parts of the post are meant to be understood only by me!
2 comments:
too deep nimms. but i also deal with this on a case-by-case basis like you do ;) however, as i've grown older, i've become less tolerant of bs.
I used to get all revengeful and raged..But I guess I'm growing and with that comes changes..Now, I give a rat's a$$ to such people and put them in a tiny little box and lock them away..That way, they don't mean much to you..But the problem comes when its someone you've known for too long...
Post a Comment