Each cup of tea represents an imaginary voyage. ~Catherine Douzel
Strange how a teapot can represent at the same time the comforts of solitude and the pleasures of company. ~Author Unknown
For me its always tea not coffee!
I know its probably absurd being a tam-bram or simply a tamilian and being unaware of words like "Madras kaapi", Filter kaapi! I have no idea how coffee tastes..and well many people claim I'm missing something HUGE in life. But I personally feel no loss when I have tea for company!
Tea has a charm of its own.
You can drink tea at any time of the day or night and you'll always find a cuppa tea to suit your mood unlike coffee which I think is drunk to mainly get the caffeine shot and to stay awake.
Here's a few examples -
When I need to keep my eyes wide open for an all-nighter: Grate pieces of ginger into boiling water and add black tea powder and milk and sugar. Voila. The perfect OMMMGGGGG feeling when you have Ginger snaps to go with the Ginger Chai. You feel euphoric as the caffeine kicks your nerves and gets your heart pumping faster.
The lazy saturday afternoon with a relaxing book and when its ok if you fall asleep on your bed over the warm lighting of the bedside-lampshade: Have a cuppa herbal tea - Rooibos Lemon, Green tea or the ever delicious Mate tea. The warm smell of the tea will do its job of relaxing you and putting you into your best siesta while you dream away of that old English country-side and horses and barns! Awesome.
And at other times, when you don't want the heaviness of ginger chai, but yet you want the caffeine to keep you awake.. get the tea and add lemon and honey! Oh my.. you'll realize there's nothing to worry in life as the tea and honey brings about optimism and hope back into you! You'll absolutely relish it.
And well needless to say, nothing like a good-looking, graceful tea-pot, ornate and oriental to go with that cuppa tea while you sit out in the lawns relaxing and enjoying the trees and birds around you! Simply perfect :)
No comments:
Post a Comment