I am yet to find the perfect superlative to describe the feeling I get every single time I listen to this song. I just absolutely loveeee this composition. It's sumthing I've grown up with. I can't remember ever studying for an examination without this song, and infact the whole album "Yanni -Live at the Acropolis" crooning away in the background. This composition especially is the perfectttt piece to listen to.. when ur stressed out..if you need inspiration in life.. when theres a hugee challenge ahead of you and ur lacking self confidence.. or when ur down in the dumps. I would have listened to this piece I don't know.. some N million times... and yet EVERYY single time.. I'm left speechless. I get goose bumps.. and there is always that small tear in the corner of my eye. It's like a magic potion that fills my heart instantaneously. Its simply amazing what the sound of different instruments in unison does to me. Yanni is one of the best musicians I've listened to who makes awesome compositions with 7 beats, unlike the traditional 4 or 8 beats in Indian music. I honestly owe a lott of my emotions and memories to Yanni's music. Long live composers like these that make music that touches you.. lets just say direct dil se!! Here's the link to the video for those of you that haven't seen it. Enjoyy the violin duel between Karen Briggs and Shardad Rohani!
WOW!
1 comment:
Wonderfully written... please keep writing more.
Post a Comment