Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The one thing I've always wanted to learn


I'm finally learning the one thing I've always wanted to learn. The first time I came to the US in 2003, I used my sister's apt complex pool and that was my first time ever to get into a pool. I realized it's a LOT of fun 'swimming'.. even if I wasn't swimming per se!! I observed some kids in the apartment being taught how to swim by their parents and just did what they did. I pretty much learned on my own how to breathe, float, kick and use my hands(albeit clumsily)! Never realized that all that sitting and splashing around in the pool actually meant anything!
I'm glad I'm finally getting the time and the chance to learn swimming! My first ever 'sport' class and totally loving it. After 5 years of PhD, I'm trying to catch up on life and learning things that I should have learned long time back. Just can't stop feeling excited about it! And yeayy that's one more check mark in my bucket list! :)

1 comment:

janani said...

Oooh I love swimming too. I think it's a great way to both exercise and relax (just floating on my back in bliss). Dropped on your blog after a long time. Nice that you are able to catch up on life. :)