And SO I've finished the Ponniyin Selvan (P.S) Saga! Wowww what a series! :) Simplyyy Amazing. I really wish I was able to read Tamizh as fluently as english so I could read the original. Someday I will really try to read it and take it in one alphabet at a time. The author Kalki Krishnamurthy is GOD! A raconteur beyond comparison! I love the way he portrays his characters especially the real heroes of the book..A witty and mischievous Vandiyadevan, and a sly and clever Azhwarkadiyan Nambi! My life since last September has been revolving around these guys and their doings! And I've loved every word I ever read. I personally think writing a story based out of real characters in history is really difficult, especially if you want the ending of your story to be consistent with reality. (Otherwise you could play around with the ending like Tarantino did in Inglourious Basterds). You have very limited space to let your imagination run in terms of character portrayal and the story line. Yet Kalki Krishnamurthy has done a fannnntastic job in spinning the yarn which is why I think P.S is really great.
Try and read it if you are somebody that likes Raja-Rani stories! :)
With that.. I'm back to fantasy genre.. Farsala trilogy it is! Just started reading it.. Sounds a LOT like Tamora Pierce's Alanna.. Let's see.
And as for the other things in life.. the year's begun well! Thank You Dearest for that. Lots of travel happening...I'm getting to put more 'X's in my USA travelogue and I'm happy about that too. Plenty of reasons to be thankful and plenty more to surrender. More about that when the time's right!
1 comment:
Oh wow!! Where did u get the books from ?? I wanna read all his books too. .. But same issue here. Naan tamizh padikrathukkulla ..vidinjidum. Do let me know where u get the books from..
Post a Comment