Thursday, September 17, 2009

And She's done.. what a feeling! :)

I want to capture this moment before it passes. My best girl friend for the past 4 years has just defended her thesis! She and I joined school together, walked the streets of Harrison and Newark together, took the SAMEEE classes and courses, liked the samee profs, enjoyed the same lectures, sat next to each other during every single class, cribbed about our PhD's, turned to spiritualism to help us, stood by each other... and now she is done. Shes a "Dr". And the reason I'm blogging is because I'm so dammnnn thrilled for her. I feel esctatic like I've finished the degree myself!
Seriously what a feeling! I was/am sooo proud of her.
She got emotional when she read the acknowledgements in her last slide. And when she actually thanked Sonal and me for being with her thru her ups and downs.. both of us felt sooo emotional ourselves. To all those Olive Garden dinners that have witnessed our whines and laughters! :)
It's an amazing feeling when someone very close to you finally achieves the one thing they were struggling for, for several years! If you get a chance, be a part of it!

And a thesis defense is really like being a bride for an hour! You get all the attention.. your prof showers all those praises on you, the whole audience is waiting for you.. and you are THE centre of attention! :) One of my mostt cherished moments. I'm glad I'll have atleast 2 more chances to experience it again.. my sister's and my own!

Cheers Ms. Rane! :)

3 comments:

Kamini Santhanagopalan said...

AWESOME!! Pass on my congrats to her :) I'm soo happy that you are all excited dee nimmy :)

kamala said...

Its different for different univs.. dont want to burst the bubble though!:)
mine is all serious.. and no acknowledgements or anything.. its all in the final thesis we write !!!
Nevertheless, Congratulations to Ms Rane!!!

Hyperbaric Words. said...

Thnks a lot Nimmy... I feel soo honored and truly blessed to have a friend like u :))

Thanks Kamini and Kala for your wishes :))